View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboholic View Post
Sure there are all those things and they count but ultimately its was the personal stuff he had going on. If it fully came to light and was picked up by the media it would have been a gong show.

I wouldn't say one thing ultimately did him in though. This is big business, when decisions like this get made, it's due to a number of factors that make it the right move, not one particular factor. And besides, if it was just personal stuff, one would thing that if he had earned the benefit of the doubt in TOR that they would through that stuff with him. But he didn't earn that benefit.

If he was winning, it would be a pretty hard sell for them to go in and clean him out.

I also read somewhere that he tried to handicap the Luongo deal to ownership dependent on the changes he expected in the new CBA (influenced by him, likely the recapture formula), then when it came time to execute Gillis's stance never changed, so they saw this as a prime signal, amongst other things, that Burke was out of his depth. I can't remember where I saw this (if anyone has a link to this speculation it would be greatly appreciated).