View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
Look, I am not trying to do anything more then state an opion, you don't have to like it, but it doesn't make you right and me wrong. I am simply stating 1A/1A doesn't work forever and it doesn't I never said Gillis should trade either for crap, did I? I simply stated that the longer your 1A/1A situation is around the better chance there is somebody becomes unhappy. If you choose to say i am fabricating this fine. This a thread of loungo and hypothetical situations, so there is nothing wrong with posting this one.

Actually, if an opinion is reasoned with logic and another isn't, it does make the former right and the other "wrong" (or more inaccurate). You can have an opinion, cool. Doesn't mean there is any merit to it if conflicting information undermines the hypothesis...

I actually agree with your premise - the longer it goes on, the more chance there is something goes awry. However, it is well known that there is a finite timeline here. Luongo will, without a doubt, be moved in the offseason. Without a doubt.

There's a distinction I think you've failed to make in this thread. Some Canucks fans have stated that they _can_ retain Luongo going into the 2014-2015 season, and while technically true, its not a logical course of action. It's hyperbole to combat hyperbole. When other fanbases state that the Canucks cannot retain both goaltenders going into next season, technically, it isn't accurate. They can. However, they won't. All reason points to Luongo somehow, some way being moved this offseason at the very latest. That is the end point to this saga. So you have to filter information here from every angle, lest you start believing everything that is said, on either side.