View Single Post
02-01-2013, 09:57 AM
vCash: 500
This is quoted from Kaoz in thread II...sorry didn't know how to directly quote something from another thread, if that is even possible:

Well thought out post and for the most part I agree.

One thing I would like to see, and I Colt touched on this before on a larger scale is some size on Bergeron and Kelly's line. I don't think they need to make whole sale changes however do think they could move some folk around the lineup to balance it out more. This isn't a reactive post either, I think it's been an issue all season and was towards the end of last season. Marchand can play bigger then he is but still, he's small.

For that reason I wouldn't mind seeing:

Marchand - Krejci - Horton
Lucic - Bergeron - Seguin
Pervs - Kelly - Hanson/someone else
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

I don't hate Bourque, not at all and very much hope for his success here, but he and McDermid could be used as injury callups. Not sure what to use for size on the 3rd line honestly, Hanson was just someone with size to throw in whom hopefully Kelly and Pervs could make look good. I'd love for them to make a run at a low cost guy like Evgeny Grachev for that spot honestly, see if he couldn't regain some of his former flash.

I have seen other posts suggesting something similar, and for the most part, I think you are all on to something. I'm not sure of the exact combination of lines, but I think it wouldn't hurt the team to spread out their size a bit.

The KHL line can be beasts on the forecheck, and they can dominate teams down low, but they could use more explosion on that line as well, perhaps in the form of Seguin or maybe Marchand as you suggested.

The Bergy line is great in transition and excels in odd-man opportunities, but I think teams have realized that and are playing them a little differently in the neutral zone, trying to negate the speed of Seguin and the quickness of Marchand. Last night, I was glad to see that line was able to sustain some pressure on the forecheck and make some plays in the offensive zone as opposed to making plays only in space. If that doesn't continue to happen, then I could definitely see Claude putting someone with some size on that line that can get in on the forecheck and help create some space for the other two players on that line.

All that being said, it might be tough breaking up the Krejci line, as they have been excellent to this point in the season. But perhaps a move would create two more balanced lines that can hurt you in multiple ways.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote