View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:05 AM
kasper11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
If you choose to comment on my post I would appreciate it if you would read it first. The last 3 years would not include the 2008 draft, the one that Travis Hamonic was taken in. And yes, it isn't too much to ask for a few of the many prospects we've drafted since 2009 to actually play regularly for a team that hasn't been out of last place in 6 years. Especially when many of the players taken after guys like Strome, Nino and even Reinhart are already playing in the NHL
Do you realize how ridiculous it is to look at only the last three years and try to judge Snow's drafting? These kids are all 22 and under. The goal is not to draft the one player who is the most NHL ready, the goal is to draft the player who is going to have the best career.

Was Bailey a better pick than Eberle in 2008 because he had two NHL seasons under his belt while Eberle was still in the minors? Was Brandon Sutter a better pick than Ryan McDonogh in 2007? Was Michael Frolik a better pick than Michael Grabner in 2006?

I would much prefer that Snow draft players that will take a bit longer to develop but turn into better players down the line. You don't win the Cup with players that are good enough to make the NHL, you win with players that can play in the NHL at a high level.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote