View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Harnessed in Slums

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
I know it could be kind of a mess to sort out as guys get back healthy, but I honestly think the team would be better and more balanced with one of those guys playing 3rd line mins and seeing some PP time. Either would be a massive upgrade over Cleary in ES and PP situations, and we have a lot of guys to PK.

I suppose my end thought is getting at least one of those 2 up, playing regularly against top competition, and if/when most of the forwards become healthy, KH makes a move or 2 in sending out virtually any of logjam of mediocrity that is the current bottom 6 crowd (short of Helm and Tootoo, who are the only ones who bring something unique to the team).
Maybe once the Griffins season is over and if the bottom 6 continues to look awful you could bring up a couple Griffins and do something like:

Nyquist-Helm-Tatar
Abdelkader-Sheahan-Tootoo

That way you'd have 3 of your 4 lines with guys who can win puck battles. Your third line would be pure energy with the ability to forecheck like the very devil and if they can force some turnovers the puck could end up in the back of the opponent's net.

You'd kill a handful of birds with one stone.

1. Your bottom 6 gets some scoring punch from Nyquist, Tatar and Sheahan.
2. You add a couple PP options in Nyquist, Tatar and Sheahan.
3. You add a couple solid PK'ers in Nyquist, Tatar and Sheahan.
4. You add some size in Sheahan.
5. You'd have two lines that can really challenge a defense with their speed (Pavs and Fil along with Helm's line).

Again, with it being that late in the season the rosters would expand so you wouldn't have to waive as many guys. You could say peace out to Eaves and Cleary without a second thought. .

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote