View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:32 AM
opivy
Sauce King

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Maybe once the Griffins season is over and if the bottom 6 continues to look awful you could bring up a couple Griffins and do something like:

Nyquist-Helm-Tatar
Abdelkader-Sheahan-Tootoo

That way you'd have 3 of your 4 lines with guys who can win puck battles. Your third line would be pure energy with the ability to forecheck like the very devil and if they can force some turnovers the puck could end up in the back of the opponent's net.
I love that combination, I think Nyquist is young enough to play more than a top 6 role and with Helm and Tatar out there you'd have a great line that other teams would have trouble not only matching up to the speed but also the offensive pressure that not many 3rd lines create.

As for your 4th line, I've enjoyed Tootoo's effort this year, Gator has looked so so, I've never been a fan of his and Sheahan - I guess he has to get some time here and there, maybe slot Emmerton in with those two wings and give Sheahan a game here and there.

I agree with letting Cleary go, Eaves is a solid stand in if a player is hurt and he is OK being a healthy scratch. I'd rather leave one of the kids playing full time in GR than languishing on our bench.

opivy is offline   Reply With Quote