View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Aerchon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
Whitney really did have a terrible game last night. When ever he had the puck in his own end and the Oilers were poised to break out, he'd sit with it way too long and let the fore-checker get to him, then make a bad play to ring it around the boards where another shark would be waiting to gather it up. I couldn't believe how many times he just sat there while the hard fore-check came at him.
Whitney has done this many many many times since the start of the year. People for some reason have not been giving it the attention it is due. Very weak play.

Give me Potter any day over watching Whitney freeze up with the puck in our own end.

S7ark: By my count Whitney making at least 4 mistakes to every one of Potters. And most people complaints about Potter are purely fabricated. Potter has not been directly responcible for a goal against yet this season. Go back and look at video. Questionable positioing maybe but no blown coverage to date so far. The same can not be said of Whitney.

I am not saying Potter has been great. But I think for a depth D-man he has been solid. Watch a few games around the league. There has been some piss poor Defense even from teams like the Rangers. Potter is playing exactly as well as you can expect for his contract and ice time.

Last edited by Aerchon: 02-01-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote