View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:40 AM
19 in a row

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
he most certainly can be a 3rd pairing guy, why not? I don't think he'll play 20+ minutes right away, he'll have to get up to NHL speed and the 3rd pairing would be perfect for him. I'd think Vis-Martinek would be an awesome 5-6! but Cappy seems to like Carkner in that spot which is also fine.

Hickey's played well but I think he's the odd man out on this. He's small and quick and smart and can skate the puck out of danger - all the things Vis does, but much better.

I have high hopes for Hickey though, I love his offensive instincts. I hope he sticks, somehow.
Thanks. In my original post I did say that I don't think that the top two pairs will get split up right away since I do think he will need time to work himself in, but I do believe that eventually we will need his talents more than on just the PP and a 3rd line. We can agree to disagree, but it is a nice problem to have and I think at the least this means that the top 4 (whoever they are) will not get as severely overworked. If he is on the 3rd pair with Hickey or Carkner, that is a pretty deep D. Maybe ala Al Arbour it could even allow some certain guys to get a game off due to nagging injuries or the grind of the schedule in order to keep everyone fresh.

19 in a row is online now   Reply With Quote