View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Stump

vCash: 500
I've been following this team from the day the Jets left in 1996 until the day the Jets came back. Even last year, with the Jets back, I watched every game of the Coyotes amazing playoff run.

This whole fiasco has had so many twists and turns, it make the head spin. However, with a $308 million subsidy on the table, no one would buy the team. According to one report, Jamison didn't raise a single dollar. I simply can't imagine there being another season in Phoenix unless the new Council decides that $25 million per year is a reasonable cost to keep Westgate afloat. Daly's comment about an alternative plan yesterday was the first shot across the bow IMO.

The whole thing just sucks. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I believe Glendale has been played hard by Bettman, to the tune of $50 million. The last two years have likely been nothing but a placeholder until (a) the well ran dry at City Hall, and (b) a soft landing could be arranged. I think we know that (a) has arrived, and I can't speculate on (b).

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote