View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:57 AM
OpAck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Just a thought but does anyone think the teams success thus far has anything to do with him coming early? I hat to think that way but it is quite possible. Maybe if we were 1-5-1 right now he would be staying a little longer? Thoughts?
Yeah, that's exactly what I was suggesting. I really think he wants a run at the Cup and going to a team that hasn't even made the playoffs since 2007 is not something he wants to be part of. Especially if it meant reporting and miss being with his son during his "operation". He was dragging his feet for sure. But now that he sees the team got off to a good start, now he can't wait to get here and will willingly miss his son's "operation". There had to have been some sort of motivation in changing his mind. And I'm sure he's talked to the doctors and his wife before when he was adamant about staying there until after the "operation". I don't think anything has changed..other than the fact that the Isles are 4-2-1 and having him contributing should make us even better and perhaps in the playoff picture.

I do believe what he says about Wang's talk with him. We know Wang has this "family first" attitude...and was completely understanding once Lubo explained that his kid has an "operation". Wang probably told him..."Well, don't expect me to pay your salary...but you need to be with your family, I would've done the same thing with my family."

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote