View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:57 AM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
You're right, there aren't may top 6 forwards like that. There are plenty of bottom 6 forwards like that though, and as of now we have none (well, maybe Glass).

It would be hard to dress a Macintyre, because he is awful. Although you could argue just how important the 12th forward usually is. How many less goals would Mac score than Adams? But guys like Adams are effective PK's, grinders, etc. The problem is, a goon's 'worth' usually can't be tangibly measured. But I bet if you polled Sid, Geno, or any star in the league, they'd overwhelmingly want an enforcer.

I've said for a while that my problem w/ Shero is letting guys like Rupp, Asham, Talbot, etc leave, and 'replacing' them w/ guys like Richard Park, Chris Conner, etc. Not that Shero should have overpaid to keep those guys, but he didn't replace what they brought to the table. I would have loved to have a guy like Chris Neil brought in this year, or Gaustad, Clutterbuck, etc.
I incredibly doubt that.

Not that they'd say don't get one, but I bet they don't care and they'd rather just have a good player / teammate, whatever his skillset may be.

alcanalz is online now   Reply With Quote