Old
02-01-2013, 11:05 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
I am too. I need to tap into it. i get to the edge and I tiptoe backward
If I am being honest, I did that sometimes until I had a family to think about and support me. Fear of failure and all that. Once I was responsible for more than just my own self, I knew I had to root out opportunities and step into the front of the line and promote myself and not second guess myself once in a while.

Perfect example is at my current job. I was hired though I probably only had half of the skills they needed. I learned a lot and worked my ass off the first couple of years until it became easie. Then I expanded, stretched out a bit. Now I am in a position to do it again (I have maybe half the skills needed for the promotion I am looking at) and am ready for a new challenge.

A lot of it is aptitude, but just as much of it is confidence and determination.

Of course, I don't know that this is the same as being a sheep as opposed to carving out your own path. I was actively pursuing being nonconformist for a long, long time. Now I just pick my spots so people don't have to see me be a freak 24/7.

A true fan who will always be remembered.