View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Hagelin has half a year in the NHL where he scored well, but that may not turn out to be his average production. I love Hagelin. I'm not calling him scraps to insult him, but he's realistically a very speedy, high motor third line guy. Kreider is scraps until he proves anything in the NHL. Obviously he's valuable, but as far as what he has been able to provide, he could be any, average third line player. Boyle is a player I love but he's an okay third line/great fourth line center. Not exactly a diamond in the rough. My point wasn't to insult these players but that they aren't anything special (right now, in the case of Kreider or Hagelin outside of his speed) and that, yes, our roster looks a LOT uglier overall. Moreover, way to hone in on and pick out the absolute LEAST relevant part of my post; the way I worded a single sentence.
A LOT uglier? The "pretty" players we lost were Prust, AA, and Dubi. I miss the hell out of Prust, and I think Dubi would make a difference on this team. AA was someone who needed a move to reach his potential IMO.

Fedotenko wasn't much of a loss. Surprisingly I think we should have re-signed Johnny Malkin, we actually miss his ability to carry the puck.

Overall the roster doesn't look as lovable as last year's, but it's still way early. If we're still hovering around .500 come March then yes it's time to criticize but I still have faith in the roster.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote