View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:13 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapperface View Post
Like it or not (I hate it) the NHL suspends far more on injury than intent. Star forwards like the Sedins are going to get a pass every time, especially for a play like that.

That being said, I don't think Daniel's hit is anything more than an uncalled 2 minute elbow. Was it really THAT vicious, guys?
I don't really think it was anything that vicious but Shanahan wanted to crack down on intentional headshots and that's exactly what that was, so in that respect it probably should've earned a suspension. Did it deserve the retaliation that Keith doled out? Nah, but that's the type of player Keith is. We saw the same thing when Cooke laid a headshot on him. He's the cleanest player on the ice until you lay a cheap hit on him. Then he's going to repay the favor x2.

What Keith did has no place in this game and he got off easy with the suspension they gave him. But while I don't necessarily agree with getting retribution that way I guess Sedin will think twice before getting those elbows up again.