View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:14 AM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
A LOT uglier? The "pretty" players we lost were Prust, AA, and Dubi. I miss the hell out of Prust, and I think Dubi would make a difference on this team. AA was someone who needed a move to reach his potential IMO.

Fedotenko wasn't much of a loss. Surprisingly I think we should have re-signed Johnny Malkin, we actually miss his ability to carry the puck.

Overall the roster doesn't look as lovable as last year's, but it's still way early. If we're still hovering around .500 come March then yes it's time to criticize but I still have faith in the roster.
I don't know what this "pretty" BS is. Swapping Prust, Fedetenko, Mitchell and Dubinsky for Asham, Pyatt, Halpern and Kreider (who right now might as well be Halpern without PKing) are all big time downgrades and take away from the identity that drove this team. Only Dubinsky was part of the trade for Nash. There's no reason we shouldn't have kept the Boyle, Prust, Fedetenko line together. I understand not wanting to pay Prust 2M but we did not find an adequate replacement, whatsoever. Fedetenko should have stayed because he's a cheap vet who played the system to a T, PKd well and had chemistry with his line. Mitchell should have stayed at the same price he was earning. Why sign a 36 year old and inferior Halpern over him? I'm not talking about aesthetics here, in case you're lost. The roster lost cohesion, lost depth, lost players we KNEW we could rely on, and lost identity. That's ugly. The collection of scraps we brought in to fill the holes is a problem.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote