Old
02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
cishockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
Any news on who may bid for Nationals after the 2 year stint in
Saskatoon?
I was thinking about this and the future of the event last night what do they do from here? its never been in the same conference 2 terms in a row, so with that said it comes back to the OUA or AUS but where? I cannot see Fredericton hosting again already, or do they? Would Moncton be interested again? Acadia and St FX are out of the question only cause of Rink Capacity. PEI could be a possibility at either the Civic Centre or Credit Union place in Summerside but I've never heard a whisper of Interest. It seems the most logical place it could go next in the AUS before returning to Fredericton would be Halifax. St Mary's could Host at the Metro Center, or if Dalhousie pulls through the present issue, possibly they could co host the event and rotate the host berth, between the two teams.

In The OUA I don't know what will happen there. Lakehead has had top of the line attendance since they returned to play, but disappointed with attendance hosting the nationals. I don't know what Nippising's Arena is like, but I cant think of any other teams that get half decent support

Other possibilities

Winnepeg - With the team Manitoba has been Icing this decade, I cant see why they could not pull off what Alberta and Saskatchewan have done and thats pack a University Cup final at the large MTS Center and for the host teams games.

UBC - They have the Facilities to use but interest? probably not

Toronto - Varsity Arena is a great Rink for University hockey but no one in Canada's largest city seems to care, I don't know the arena Capacity of the refurbished Maple Leaf Gardens if it was big enough it would be very cool to host the tournament their for Ryerson but Highly Doubtful.

Trois Rivieres - didnt someone say their was a 5000 seat arena in town?

McGill University - at the Molson Center possibly?

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote