View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:21 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I don't know what this "pretty" BS is. Swapping Prust, Fedetenko, Mitchell and Dubinsky for Asham, Pyatt, Halpern and Kreider (who right now might as well be Halpern without PKing) are all big time downgrades and take away from the identity that drove this team. Only Dubinsky was part of the trade for Nash. There's no reason we shouldn't have kept the Boyle, Prust, Fedetenko line together. I understand not wanting to pay Prust 2M but we did not find an adequate replacement, whatsoever. Fedetenko should have stayed because he's a cheap vet who played the system to a T, PKd well and had chemistry with his line. Mitchell should have stayed at the same price he was earning. Why sign a 36 year old and inferior Halpern over him? I'm not talking about aesthetics here, in case you're lost. The roster lost cohesion, lost depth, lost players we KNEW we could rely on, and lost identity. That's ugly. The collection of scraps we brought in to fill the holes is a problem.
Oh, you're not?

Considering hindsight is 20/20, the only moves that I think most people disagreed with at the time they were made was letting Prust go (even at 2m) and maybe Fedotenko. It's easy to say now we should have kept Mitchell over Halpern, and brought back Feds.

Kreider's hurt, Halpern has not been playing up to expectations (just like Mitchell is playing above expectations in Colorado), and Asham's Asham.

End of the day, it's 7 games into a shortened season with no training camp. Give it time. Right now it look's ugly and some wrong moves were made.

Personally I think the biggest problem with our team is we essentially have only 4 D playing a night. Why the bottom pairing wasn't/hasn't been addressed is a mystery to me.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote