View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Kev22

vCash: 500
My thoughts from last night...

The Columbus Blue Jackets have little to no skill. When Derick Brassard is one of your most skilled players, you're in trouble.

Johansen once again was the best player for the Jackets. Once he starts to score (when?) I think that he will live up to his draft status. He's a beast on the puck and makes good decisions on the ice.

Erixon and Audy-Marchessault are not ready for primetime. I know why they are on the farm at this point. JAM has some speed and plays hard, but he needs the seasoning. Erixon seemed discombobulated out there. He takes penalties when out of position (took 2 last night).

Mason was good last night. Two highlight type saves last night (one glove, one pad). If he was in all night, might have been a different result (first two goals Bob had two giant butts in his face).

Tarasenko will make a living between the dots. He makes you hold your breath everytime he gets the puck and he's not afraid of contact. The next elite forward in the NHL.

I wish that the Jackets had a line like Perron-Backes-Oshie, they are dangerous and very physical, they make things happen on both ends of the ice.

Umberger...what is there to say...START EARNING YOUR PAYCHECK. He is either out-of-shape or injured. I'm thinking the former. He looks like he has a piano on his back.

Wiz and Johnson, you can start giving us your best every night...ANY TIME NOW. The veterans need to step up and lead by example.

Dubinsky is going to lose it on someone soon. I caught his interview after the game on the news last night and he literally looked like he was seething. That's good, harness that and take it out on the opponent.

I'm liking the Foligno trade more and more. I like his style of play, he's willing to do the dirty work.

Boll, MacKenzie, Dorsett and Foligno...all decent fights, mostly decisions in our favor. DD probably bit off more than he could chew with Stewart, both literally and figuratively (did he bite Stewart?).

All in all, pretty horrible effort for about 30-40 minutes and the game was over at the ten minute mark of the first period.

That is all.