View Single Post
02-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
That would've killed our center depth.
Dubinsky plays both center and wing. I know he's better on the wing, but it's not like he's a stranger to center.

Dubi was a perfect 2nd/3rd liner for this system with his forechecking and his play along the boards. Although he was inconsistent when it came to scoring goals, he still worked his tail off and got things done that's not getting done now. He knew how to forecheck. He had a scoring touch despite his inconsistencies. He was a huge part of our identity.
That's what we're missing. We show signs of it, but it's not a Ranger type hockey going on.

Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Stepan, along with Hagelin and McDonagh were our only good players last night. he will produce as he always has. Dubi was very frustating to watch. He is a warrior but there are alot of holes in his game and he already reached his potential. Step has plenty of room to grow. I'll take my chances with Step.
I agree to an extent, but Stepan is also frustrating to watch. He has good playmaking skills, but he's not strong on the puck. He's soft, I think. I do think his potential is higher than Dubinsky's and he's 22 (?), so that's a plus. We'll see what happens.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote