View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:38 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221 View Post
I agree. I can't think of a better time for a turn. It's teed up perfectly. Frankly, I've never understood why punk ever 'needed' heyman to begin with. I hope this is the start of a turn.

As to the poster above re: needing to see bigger things from the shield. It's been needed for a long time now. To me, their debut was strong, Ryback's character was still green I'll say. The perceived injustice was apparent. After that, their attacks vs just about everyone else were way too random for me to jump on the storyline. Especially without getting in the ring in an actual match. Them jumping the rock and cena... Eh, I guess you could say there were injustices w both. The rest of the roster... Give me a reason for the beatdown, give it a story for the universe to get behind and say 'yeah, they're right!'. The potential is there. Turn the page and let's see if they can live up to it.
I still think the Shield is a wildcard in terms of what is going to happen next, and I like it that way. They're not rushing it along like the Nexus and so far it's working quite well IMO. They've all been booked strong despite using a pack mentality, and despite not really getting much info on them or consistent air time they're still regarded in the WWE as a top force on the heel side. A win for them at the chamber ppv would do wonders. Sadly, I expect them to lose badly very soon, basically killing their credibility.

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote