Old
02-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Yah but isn't that Brooklyn arena new / their new home? Or just temporary? I was under the impression Seattle's arena cannot actually accommodate a hockey rink because of how it was built but maybe I misunderstood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Brooklyn is going to be the Islanders' full-time home at 14,500 seats. That's only allowed because they're the Islanders and a.) the NHL doesn't want to lose them in that market and b.) they have an owner who is fiercely loyal to the market and is okay with operating within the NHL's financial system and accepting that he's not going to have a Golden Goose. I don't think some previous teams that were on the block would be allowed to play in an arena that small...but Winnipeg set a type of precedence and the situation in Long Island just wasn't one where any party wanted the team to leave. It's clear that the NHL values quality of arena over size of arena right now. Sorry, Hamilton.

KeyArena's NHL configuration is basically going to be as bad as Brooklyn's is, it's just a far worse arena with more seats for the hockey configuration. The difference here is that KeyArena would be a temporary arena, a temporary arena that the NHL has already said publically would be suitable as a temporary arena.
Brooklyn will be the Isles new home for the next 25 years starting 2015. Also there are rumors that they will add seats to the arena to sit between 15,000- 15,500. Wang wanted to stay in Nassau, but the politicians there can't get their heads out of where the sun doesn't shine fast enough. That's partially because it was the Isles home, but also for the real estate that surrounds the NVMC.