View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Boom Boom Aho
Sooo Good

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
No doubt, I was comparing him to Boychuk in that they both stuck on the team out of their first camp. After that, he's got a realistic chance to play in any subsequent season, no matter how unready he is. JR's thinking is that he was good enough at one point, and he's not really a WORSE hockey player. He stuck in camp last year, he was the last D cut (and only, I know) this year, and once we've got him at our disposal in Charlotte he'll be called up frequently, I'd guess.

That's not exactly a fair assessment. Boychuk injured a wrist and wasn't able to fully participate in his first camp so the Canes wanted to give him a couple of games before sending him back to Juniors. It's not like he made the team based on performance out of his first camp.

I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with Murphy. IMO, he didn't stick because he was an NHL ready player (or close to it). If he was, they would have snuck him in for at least 1 game, especially when Faulk was sent down after 3 games. When the eventually sent him back to Kitchener, the comments were they wanted him to spend time with NHL practices, NHL trainers, etc..so he get's a feel for what it will be like. To me that sounds like giving the kid the feel of the NHL, but he wasn't close to being ready.

Boom Boom Aho is offline   Reply With Quote