View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
The Sabres answered my question for me- YES!!!!!!
John Scott destroying Thorton made Boston at home play like civilized *****cats. If that were Habs winning 6-4 at the end every tough Bruin would have been abusing our smurfs.
We can't count on 195 guys to punch out Mcquaid, Thorton, Lucic, or Chara.
Hey I'm just saying here, but Mcquaid is 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
There's PLENTY of fighters that can play the game to a certain level now.
No one is against a guy like that. It's the plugs that don't play hockey that we don't want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I don't think you've seen Parros fight or play. I live out west and saw plenty of him. As for the fights, Hockeyfights seems to also disagree with you: http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/1859

As for the question asked by the OP, heavyweights who can also play hockey are few and far between and when a team finds one, they take care of him and try to keep him. I'm not in favour of having a guy who would hurt the team when on the ice, or being so intimidating that no one will want to drop the gloves with him (see Laraque).

Short and sweet: No, the Habs don't "need" a heavyweight enforcer unless one who can play falls on their laps or if they draft one.
I've seen enough of Parros. He's awesome and all with that mustach.. But he's just not the fighter people say he his. Neither the player. I love the mo tho.