View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
ursavolta

vCash: 500
I honestly like what ellerby brings to the table, I think given some time he would be a great top 6 Mayyybe top 4 d-man.

Thing is it feels like he does not have alot of confidence when he plays - like he lacks that split second reaction. That is why I like Strachan, Campbell and Versteeg. They hold onto the puck and are in no hurry to dump the "problem" to the next guy. Tallon likes d-men who have speed and great outlet passes. The only facets of his game I wish he would work on is his overall Hockey IQ and mayybe his poise with the puck. Hockey IQ isnt something that can be trained so easily. He definitely has the tools, with his height, weight and skating abilities. I remember he was playing tough on the boards trying to make his presence known, occasionally making smart outlets passes, and skating the puck up.|

Every-time he appears in training camp he looks jacked up (putting on muscle mass) which shows he is dedicated on making the team. He just needs time, but if there is a trade that favorably makes the cats better now and the future then I say we should give it a shot.

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote