View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 12:29 PM
fizban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree13 View Post
I disagree with the folks who want to bash coaching for not giving the young fellows adequate opportunity. It's on them to actually show something when they get out there. Why should a team with Cup ambitions leave a guy out there who's bringing nothing to the table?

Look at Despres. He screwed up a bunch, but he also showed flashes of some really good things. That's the key, he actually showed flashes. Tangradi showed diddly squat. The org. doesn't want him to fail guys. If he could have done one damn thing, just one damn thing, to make the org. think he was worth more time, theu would have granted him it. He's done zero. He deserves nothing and he's earned nothing. Some guys are just busts, and right now it's about a 95% chance ET is just a bust.
Yeah it's not a lack of opportunity that I take issue with though. It's more a concern about the possibility of a lack of direction. If he needs direction and doesn't get it, doesn't make much of a difference if he's out there for 82 games for all 60 minutes. He won't succeed.

The team has already shown a propensity to let players go to other teams, only to see them turn into something better. Lots of different reasons for that. I'm not going to blame it all on coaching, but you have to wonder if that's part of the equation. The last thing I want to see is another Naslund, Rozsival, Moulson situation.

fizban is offline   Reply With Quote