Old
02-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Your logical reasoning is killing me. You mention Yakupov's 4 goals in 7 games as a reason that he is a "can't miss" prospect and then mention Filatov and Zherdev as mistakes.

But... but...
Filatov had 4 goals after just 6 NHL games!
And Zherdev... Zherdev also had 4 points in his first 6 NHL games.
Even Gilbert Brule scored 4 points in his first 6 NHL games.

And they didn't have a bunch of 1st overall picks setting them up on power-play (3 of 4 goals Yak scored on the PP).

HOW do you know that Yakupov already has proved anything? And I like Yak more than 90% of posters on these boards... But your reasoning and conclusion are just completely ignorant. Someone forgot January 2009 and posts like this:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=354

You get a cookie.

As a followup to the point: I get similar impressions ("4 goals in 6? Damn, he'd be nice to have about now") all the damn time, and I suspect the same is true of other Positivity Police. The difference isn't whether or not that sort of thing comes to mind, but whether or not it's taken seriously enough to be brought up as a legit topic of discussion.

To say "damnit, that's frustrating, wish he could have scored that for us" is fine. That's just simple commiseration. We all do it. Hell, following this team, we all need it. To come to the conclusion that that's what we should have done and that it would have been a major strategic mistake to do otherwise is going over the top.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!