View Single Post
02-01-2013, 01:55 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
The thing with Kipper playing terrible right now is that it shows a lot of the deficiencies the Flames have.

Last season I recall Lanny and the guys on 960 saying that Kipper masks a lot of the problems the team has, and it's absolutely true. We are atrocious in our own end: we gave a tired team too much space and time with the puck. I agree that Kipper let in some soft goals that I'm sure he'd want back, but our defense should take some blame too (thanks for the turnover, Butler).
That being said, our power play isn't looking that great right now if I can say that. And I hope Irving gets the start next game.

If Kipper plays the way he's playing right now, and if Irving plays the way he did in the AHL before being called up this season, the Flames will be 15th in the West, regardless of how good our offense is. And if this happens I'd like to the go ahead from the owners to give Feaster the green light to do a short rebuild and get some younger talent in ASAP.
Kipper only masked the fact we couldn't score this year we are seeing that a defensive system has definitely helped Kipper the last few years.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote