View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 01:57 PM
KeepitinPitt

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KeepitinPitt Send a message via AIM to KeepitinPitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Sid had how many years of being a proven player one could consider the best in the game. Nisky hasn't even come close to spending even a year playing consistent top four duty. That is a silly argument and I'm sure you know that.

And you also have another "what if" scenario in your argument as well. You assume Nisky goes back to the top four. If Despres keeps playing well, who does Nisky unseat? Letang? No. Orpik. No. Maybe that bum Martin? Doubt it.

Also you have no clue what a GM is willing to give up right now for Despres, but the point is moot. Right now, currently, doesn't matter when comparing the two. The debate for "currently" stop existing when Nisky got injured.

So the debate about who currently has more value can't really be argued for several weeks until Nisky is back in the lineup and playing well again. Then and ONLY then can we assess their current values together. By then, it's quite possible the whole dynamic has changed.

This argument really doesn't matter anyway, because trading Despres would be stupid.
I agree 100%. I don't understand why people have been throwing Despres into every trade that has been discussed. He may not have proven himself yet, but he has just about everything the Pens look for in a young defenseman. I don't want to dump him for a guy like Setoguchi, or even Iginla - and this is coming from someone who desperately wants another top 6 winger.

KeepitinPitt is offline   Reply With Quote