Thread: Confirmed with Link: No more triple low five
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 01:06 PM
DenverHabsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I for one wouldn't mind having the team name or the city's name printed on the back with just numbers, in fact I think it's a great idea.
Bad analogy. That would only make sense if the players wearing the MONTREAL jersey were from Mtl.

People identify with certain players for various reasons. It could be because they play that position themselves and respect what it take to make it to that level or just because they like the player's personality.

The odds of winning a cup are very low. There are perennial contenders who never win it. Some teams win it but never repeat. It's not the 60's anymore. There are more teams and parity and we don't get a ton of great players from the Q. [edited to avoid flaming]

Real fans don't hold out celebrations for a cup win. Real fans celebrate every win and every little battle won, players 1st NHL goal and individual accomplishments as well. People who wait for playoff wins are called bandwagon fans.

Heck, if a Habs player had given Thornton a concussion, I would celebrate that as well.

Last edited by DenverHabsFan: 02-01-2013 at 01:21 PM.
DenverHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote