View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 01:28 PM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRWCC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Hudler is vastly more talented, end result has often been negligible because of obvious physical attributes, or lack thereof. Hudler was too easy to play against in the playoffs(the people busy moaning over the "decline" of Pavel and Z probably didn't notice) the last couple of seasons, and his four year deal wouldn't fit this team trying to infuse some home-grown talent in the next two years. Hudler's drive and output never bothered me one bit though, it was just time to move on.

But the way I see things unfolding, they didn't replace Hudler with Sammy. They replaced Hudler with Brunner. Brunner to this point has been as good as Hudler was on Z's wing, he's also younger and faster, and Sammy's gonna fit in better on the 3rd line. They got both Brunner and Sammy for the same price as Hudler. Looks like a good deal to me right now.
Judging from the first few games Sammy for $3 million doesn't look worth it at all. His groin may have been bothering him, but the guy literally did nothing. I'm not even sure if Ken Daniels has said his name during play-by-play

GoAwayDanCleary is offline   Reply With Quote