View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
how could the league justify returning to the old arena, even if it's just a temporary building?
They are willing to retrofit it to meet NHL standards. The new arena seats something like 20k, and QC would be a big moneymaker. No doubt. Much better market than Winnipeg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
On another note, a lot of people have mentioned the need for a new arena in downtown Phoenix in the coming years to replace US Airways. Why wouldn't those teams just move to Jobing.com too? I wonder if they're considering about some of the same issues (public transportation, location, etc). about relocating to Glendale.
ASU needs a new arena too, and they have plans to build one in a huge sporting complex near Tempe town lake. Crow wants facilities good enough to host the Pan American games. He has huge plans for that whole corridor, most of which ASU owns and can get revenue from tax free because it's university land. A 18-20k seat arena right where the 60, 10, 101, 51 and 202 meet would be amazing. I'm almost tempted to say that any Coyote buyer would have one eye on the exit, should the Suns or ASU move to build such a facility. Downtown Phoenix just sucks, so I could see the Suns moving while that stays a prime concert location. At some point you start to run into an upper limit as far as # of facilities goes though. Can Phoenix really handle 3 high quality arenas at once? Probably not.

Suns won't get new digs until Sarver sells the team, though. He's a cheap pos.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote