Thread: Derek Stepan
View Single Post
02-01-2013, 02:44 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
For goodness sake...I can't stand this board after a few losses.

Stepan is a bad skater with a bad shot, I agree. But he has tremendous awareness in the offensive zone. Look, he's had a very bad start to the season. He might even have an entire season that's below his standards. But if you think he's a bad player, I don't know what to tell you.

The lack of patience on this board is infuriating...especially when we talk about young players. You realize that practically every single player who has ever played the game has had bad stretches, or a bad season?
I don't think Stepan's a bad player. I take him as my 3C every day of the week and twice on Sunday. The fact is that he should not be a 2C. Do you really want a poor skater with a poor shot as your 2C? You do realize your top 6 forwards have to put the puck in the net..? There's not enough vision in the world to replace offensive, goal scoring instincts.

Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

3c's don't score 50 points on an team "average C depth".

Wore a C @ the WJC.

The Rangers have enough defensive forwards? Callahan, Boyle, ? Who else? Hagelin? Stepan is the better defensive player positionally.

And again, I would call 51 points solid secondary scoring. But hey, if you want 60+ points from a second line there is always NHL 13.
Ah yes, the world juniors. Clearly a 2 week tournament for 20 year olds translates perfectly over to the NHL which is a grinding season of 82 games plus playoffs for grown men. Walk into a room with people your age only and it's easier to lead. If I'm 21/22 in the room with Lundqvist, Richards, Gaborik, Callahan etc I'm following their lead and keeping my mouth shut.

Hagelin actually has speed to get back on a backcheck to break up a play.

You would call 51 points secondary scoring because you probably don't watch the Rangers. But hey, if you want to keep bringing up 51 points!?!!@?!!!! there's always the MLB where those numbers are actually meaningful.