View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Juxtaposer
Getcho Crayon

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
One thing to consider is Hertl, he's supposed to be in the NHL next season and keeping that in mind we'd have something like this next season without Clowe/Murray in the mix:

Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski
Hertl - Couture - Havlat
Galiardi - Sheppard - Wingels
? - Desjardins - Burish

Vlasic - Burns
Stuart - Boyle
Demers - Braun/Irwin

That doesn't account for re-signing Gomez or Handzus of course. What the Sharks need to get if they trade Clowe is a skilled, fast, bottom 6 player that can fill in top-6. Someone who can push Galiardi and Wingels to play better and earn their spot. I'd be looking for a young player who is struggling on a bad team and looking for a change of scenery. There are bunch, one that comes to mind is Kadri (though I'm not a huge fan). Loktionov is another one, but that would be the ideal situation. We don't really need to replace Clowe long term.
I don't think it's a good idea to count on a 20 y/o kid to be a full-time top-6 player in his first year in NA, unless we have a really strong third line, which Galiardi-Sheppard-Wingels is not. I agree with you in a sense, though. If DW was sure Hertl was ready to come over next year, it opens a lot of doors for us.

I'm in favor of acquiring Loktionov. I really like him, I think he's really talented and he'd be a strong #3C for us, an offensive soft-minutes type. Doubt LA trades him within the division, though.

As for Kadri, don't look now but he's leading the Leafs in scoring.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote