Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 1000
Minor nitpick, but I really don't think Strome's 6'1. Maybe it's his bent over skating style that makes him look smaller, but he looks more like 5'11 or 6'0, than he does 6'1. When a player is 6'1 or above, he begins to look "tall" on the ice. Strome never has struck me as looking tall out there.

In terms of him making the NHL next year, I think one thing that might hold him back from being effective is just overall strength and skating. If you look at a lot of rookies that do well, they tend to be either tremendous skaters, or they're "stocky". Strome's neither a speedster, nor is he a tank on skates.

So I think his ultimate success next year hinges on just how much stronger he gets during the summer time, in terms of both his physical strength, and in terms of his strength on his skates (balance, how difficult he is to knock down, etc.). This will affect not only his offensive game, but also how he performs defensively. The latter, if anything, will be the bigger issue with how effective he'd be next year.