View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoon15 View Post
I've added in bold where the players you mentioned were selected overall. Using your logic, you're calling out close to half of the GMs in the league for letting players like Terasenko fall to 16.

I think the big thing that you are missing here is that these "current NHL regulars" are all drafted when they are 18 year old kids. 18 year olds are still growing and developing. These are kids, not men. Sure, some people are fully developed by that age, but the vast majority of 18 year olds are still going to be growing an inch or two and adding another 20 pounds or so before they're finished. Hell, just take a look this upcoming draft. You have guys like Burakowsky who is 6'1"/178 vs guys like Pulock at 6'/211. Pulock can probably jump right in to an NHL game. Burakowsky would fair as well as an 8th grade girl. Just because Snow isn't drafting "NHL ready" players does not mean that he has failed at drafting. In fact, I believe the opposite -- I think he has done a great job drafting. deHann was a solid pick and I don't think you'll find anyone who will complain about Strome's potential. Nino is still an unknown. How many Hugh Jessiman's has he drafted? (Perhaps Nino will make the Jessiman pick look good, but lets hope not.)
Do we give...does Snow deserve "props" for passing on Filatov? Perhaps he/his scouting crew noticed something which soured them on NF?

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote