View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Good, then screw over Phillys cap space. There is just as much of a chance of a Giroux offer sheet this off season then one for O'Reilly now

I'm sure the Flyers would easily be able to afford Giroux at 6 years/60 million while still being able to ice a top team If the Flyers had to pay Giroux 10 million a year then that would screw them over big time and what better team to do that to then Philly. Btw, giving a second line center in O'Reilly who has scored 50+ points one time 5.5 million a year and giving up 2 1st round picks and more to sign him to that deal is hardly a great idea. Tyler Myers had 1 great season out of 3 too and that 5.5 million a year contract we gave him is looking like a steal If someone's making 5.5 million a season they better provide a lot of offense to go with defensive prowess.

I'm also surprised you slowed down on the Trade Vanek agenda which you've been drumming up ever since I have been here. I guess when the guy you hate is tearing up the NHL and leading the league in scoring it's hard to get people to agree to trading him for a prospect and 1st round pick
I think there is a huge difference between the two.

So, wouldn't a 10 mil cap hit screw over the Sabres too? Is your suggestion to risk screwing over our own cap, to screw over another team?

Building a contender is about a lot more than points. I would trade anyone if I felt it served the purpose of building said contender.

I've suggested blowing up the Rochester core for years... and Vanek/Pommer were always the last of those pieces I wanted to move.

If the Sabres were going to embrace a full rebuild, putting Vanek on the market would most certainly be an option.

Or we could continue building around those players (Calgary/Iginla)