View Single Post
02-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Dark Cloud
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I still think you're selling them short on the Top6, they got 6 guys in that group who will average over 60pts and around 25 goals, not many teams have that.

I don't think they need a top line guy, it would be nice to get one, but not a necessity. They need a Ryder-type for that line again.

It would have to be a pretty big name guy to bump a guy out of the top 6.
I'm not selling them short at all. I think they're really good, but there's a huge difference between them and the other top teams. Also, who averages 25 goals per year? Bergeron has only scored more than 22 once in his career and that was 8 years ago. Krejci never has. Horton is good, but his health is still a huge question mark. Lucic has done it the last two years, so he's been pretty consistent. Seguin did it last year, but so far this year he's off to slow start. Marchand has done it once, so it's hardly a lock for them all to average 25 goals when only two have done so more than once, and one of those guys is coming off his second major concussion in the last year and a half.

So sure, they're good, but lets not fool ourselves into thinking they truly match up with the other teams elite type of players in terms of their actual ceiling. They don't. Which is why their bottom 6 have to be better than everyone else, and why these injuries to that group are going to possibly expose them a bit, IMO.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote