View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 05:00 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Give Haley a try. Asham it is not. Maybe Jean in a season or two. Or we can scout heavily and try to grab a guy on the cheap and develop into a Prust by having him work with Torts. Guys like Andrew Shaw (wouldn't be cheap) are what we're talking about. Philip Lane in the phoenix system. Jared Knight in the Boston system. Guys who are fast and love to hit. Not guys like Asham who would hit everyone... if they could catch up to them. I don't know who could actually make the evolution from a nobody into a Prust because obviously, not everyone can, but there are several of young guys in the AHL/bottom lines/press boxes with the attributes; high motor, decent foot speed, love to hit, more than 'zero' offensive skill.
I meant that I believe that the NYR brass thought that Asham was in their vision an adequete replacement for Prust (who basically took over from Avery). He was not, but the names you mentioned (and a few more) are what I meant as being this injection. Diamonds in the rough - that can become what we are looking for for a reasonable bounty.

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote