View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 05:11 PM
TooHotToTrotz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Relax.

I don't mind trying Ryan at center, I never thought he was bad in his first stint. But I'd preferred to give Rakell a shot first.

Vatanen needs a look so Lydman sits, no big deal. If Vatanen performs well for more than one game, Lydman will be the one on the trading block.

I'm actually excited for tonight's lineup, I can't wait to see how Vatanen looks, and I still think Ryan has huge potential at center.

Anyone else feel the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
A couple of games is not going to hurt anything. We need to try different things for that line. It's not working how it is right now.
I'm fine with sitting Lydman for Vatanen to give the kid a shot. I don't think Lydman should be sat but I understand it. I also find it amusing how I posted on the Trade board about Lydman's value and was torn apart by Ducks fans saying I'm crazy. He is our most tradeable d-man.

As far as Ryan at center, it didn't work before, it probably won't work now. He was terrible at face-offs and floated to his natural wing position every shift. Now, I am willing to give it another shot BUT I feel Rakell should have had one shot at that spot first. I feel he earned that. To reward his good play by benching him is odd. Also, DSP better show me something. He needs to take this game as his one chance to prove he can stay. If not, send him down.