View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 05:16 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
My analysis of Cole has nothing to do with his personality. In fact I think he's a pretty funny and cool guy judging by his tweets and interview snippets. I base my analysis off of what I have seen from Cole.

Now you are just putting words in my mouth. On this team especially just because you play one line doesn't mean that's where you deserve to be on a traditional hockey team. Cole plays 1st line because Pietrangelo is good enough to pick up the slack, the worst defenseman will always play with Pietrangelo.

I never said he couldn't replace Russell on the 3rd pairing, what I was saying it is unlikely in terms of team make-up, experience, and the type of game they play.
maybe I got you wrong and if so I'm sorry for that but while I don't disagree with your statement about Petros partners, especially when I think of Cola and Husky, I also can't agree.
Petro is so good he actually can carry a bad partner and make him look good, at least for some games but thats not the whole story why the pairings are as they are. Jax and Shatty, Russell and Polak just fit together well and found some chemistry. but both Redden and Cole have shown they ARE NHL defenders and I just don't get whats wrong with a little rotating to keep some pressure on all guys and also to keep em fresh.

its just the senseless bashing on players that play well that make me go nuts, especially on young players (also see Schwartz)