View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
its just the senseless bashing on players that play well that make me go nuts, especially on young players (also see Schwartz)
Actually Schwartz was one of the players I defended in the Wild GDT when people said he needs to be replaced because he isn't producing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I really hate when people do this, but this post certainly warrants it: Have you actually watched the games? This is an honest question, because your portrayal of Russell and Cole's game thus far is quite far from reality. Cole has been unbelievably steady this season, something that certainly can't be said of Russell. He has not made a decision that cost the team a goal this season, something else than cannot be said of Russell. Cole has played circles around Russell this season. When Russell is not on his game, as has been the case the last few games, it's tough to watch. He has literally nothing to fall back on if he can't pick pucks out of the corner or make a good pass up the ice. That's his whole game. Cole, at the very least, will always bring a physical presence to the game. Russell throws his body around a little against smaller forwards, but Cole is strong enough to take on just about anyone in a battle. I really don't understand the Cole hate this season. Last season is was warranted at times, but I cannot honestly grasp how anyone could think Russell has been the better of the two this season. Or how it could even be considered close. Russell needs to be in the press box for a few games.

Yes I have watched the games, have you? Nothing to fall back on really? Go watch the Chicago game highlights. Kris Russell relies on his speed and puck control, he may step up or get beat but you can sure as hell count on him to make it back in time to cut off a passing lane or put pressure on the puck carrier. What does Cole have to fall back on when he can't pin someone up against the boards? And he hasn't even made an impressive hit this season that warrants a title of physical domination over Kris Russell.

Who pinched up that ended up leading the Hawks to 3-0? Ian Cole. To say he has done nothing wrong is absurd.

In fact Cole got laid out last night by Dubinsky.

http://video.blues.nhl.com/videocent...=CBJ18&lang=en

I'm not trying to say Ian Cole is a bad player. I'm saying he isn't going to be as good as most of you are expecting him to be. To me he's been nearly invisible out there other than Tarasenko's first goal. I haven't seen physically dominant plays by him that players like Polak and Jackman have been making, I haven't seen any impressive blocked shots or offensive rush break-ups either. He has been mediocre.