View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I'm not sure what your man crush with Cole is, but not every player can be as good as their hype. Cole will be an average defenseman in his career. I see him having a Jackman type career, which isn't bad, but it isn't what most people are looking for out of him.
Which is almost precisely what he has been billed as since the year after the Blues picked him.
Jackman with better speed, a little more offense (due to a better shot and a bit more awareness), and the ability to fill in on the top pairing but better as the compliment to Shattenkirk.

He appears on track for that role and unless traded will likely take it over in another year or so when Jackman's contract expires.

Frankly, most of the fans on here do not seem to have much higher expectations for Cole. A comfortable top 4 defenseman who can play the physical role required and can be moved to a top 2 in certain situations.

*edit* I do hope Cole learns from Jackman on how to be a complete thorn in the side of the opposing forwards. I am convinced Jackman learned some of this from Pronger and having a full time defenseman who makes the opposition lose focus is a wonderful thing.