View Single Post
02-01-2013, 05:56 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
From Dan Murphy:

Doesn't look like he's too worried about either goalie being able to handle the controversy.
Realistically, he's not, and shouldn't be. Both have been total professionals throughout the situation, and waited patiently for the offseason for Gillis to make the decision.

The problem comes next year, when the cap is down, the same ultimatum is put forward by both goaltenders, only with less trust in Gillis' ability to effectively manage the situation, because he didn't this year.

At this point, if Gillis still feels that Schneider is the guy he wants long term, the only way he can make the move is if Luongo plays his way out of the #1 role. If he decides that keeping Luongo is the better call, then he'll have the flexibilty to trade Schneider as long as Luongo is outplaying him.

There's absolutely no scenario where it makes sense for a team in a cup contending position like Vancouver to trade it's #1 goaltender.

Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
I honestly think Lu will go to anywhere at this point, lol. And Nabokov has done better than expected on that team. They have a young defense and some key pieces.

Okposo is pretty underrated and they've tried to ship Niederreiter, if Lu agrees on this I say make it now.
At this point, Lu has little reason to go anywhere. He's the #1 goalie on a cup contending team. He only came out and said he wanted to move after he lost that job.