Sigh...I should just cut and paste this:

Subban is 1 of 15 defencemen in the entire NHL to:

Post over 32 points
Play over 24 minutes per game
Give over 100 hits
Make over 100 blocked shots
Play in every situation (PK, PP, ES)
Play against the opposition's top line

Add the fact that all of the guys who played with him had a higher +\- rating when he was on the ice, the fact that he is top 5 in the league at drawing penalties, has only played 2 seasons, and is only 23 years old. Montreal fans are not "hyping/overvaluing" their player, they realize what he has already achieved AND know he is still improving. What you are seeing in this thread are typical "take our quantity for your quality" offers, or hockey ignorant people hoping to get Subban for cheap getting pissy when Habs fans point out the lack of value in the offers. I could also add that he is signed to an amazing deal. Even some hockey analysts thought he should get 5 million per season.

Subban is already a #1 defenceman and would be on multiple teams. You want him, pay. You don't, ignore the thread. Please, just don't make bull$#!t offers and get upset when they are laughed at (this was a general comment for all, not the guy I replied to).
Petry had 25 points but did everything else on your little list .. With prime PP minutes he couldve even matched the points.
Not taking a shot at Subban but he does get overrated a little around here due to his flashy personality.

Draiskull is offline   Reply With Quote