View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
This is actually been something I've thought about a lot the last little while. I only learned recently that he actually lives in Denver, that intrigues me a lot.

Despite the constant forcing of Bozak down our throats from Leafs fans, I actually like the guy and think he would be a very good #3C for us. He's at least average to above average defensively, and a 45 point guy offensively, I would be fine with having him on as our 3rd line Center if we were to move one of our C's.

And the fact that he lives in Denver means there's probably a good chance he'd take a little less money to come here.
He has hit 45 points once and he has been getting close to 20 mins per game. I don't think he would get that kind of ice time if he was a third line center and he wouldn't be playing with offensive players like Kessel and Lupul either.

I also don't see him taking less money to sign with the Avs. He'll get less ice time and play a lesser role here. I believe we were one of the teams interested in him when he became a free agent but he chose to sign with the Leafs instead. He is also represented by Don Meehan and if he has another 45-50 point season, the starting point in negotations might be $3.5-4M/yr.