View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 05:27 PM
88th Precinct
'Charro Unchained'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyToOkposo View Post
Agree with that lineup or just switch okposo with ullstrom. I would like to see what bailey and him could do together
Well.....I gotta say, I'm itching for a webpage that can tell you things like how productive two players are together and apart, because Okposo's most noticeable good play has come when lined up with Nielsen & Grabner and in irregular dribs and drabs with JT....basically one of the best pairs of hands in the league, or a combo of insanely high defensive IQ and a guy no one can keep up with.

I see Ullström's skillset having either fewer flaws or better consistent application to the NHL, even though Okie's done things that Ullström hasn't such as put up 50+ points, of course....though Ullström, to his credit, was at a 50-goal pace before his call-up last season. I could admittedly be a little sour on Okposo, but in terms of tenure, the only two players on the roster that have been here longer are DiPietro and Nielsen. I know how frequently we all debate what age a player should have his game a little more together versus how long they're still a kid, but Kyle's turning 25, and is the first post-Milbury component on the roster and the 'member of the core' I'd least expect to be out-hustled by Ullström as he has. Though expectations can get lofty around here, I expect better out of him both as a player and as an alternate captain.

It's wicked early in the season, and I'm eager to see him turn the corner and shut me up. ....I just expect smarter plays and better execution at a level that doesn't make me ask "where's the beef?" when I compare his play to Ullström.

(Post-script: If Bailey, Boyes or Ullström don't push him into the bottom-6 this year, Okposo will most likely have Niederreiter on his tail as well for that spot in as much time as 7 months or as little time as it takes for the wrong player to get injured.)

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote