View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 05:47 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

vCash: 500
The thing I don't understand about the team1200 is quite simple. They talk about other teams outside the city way more than the Sens.

I take a look at the interviews that they post on their facebook page, and a good 75% of the time, it's a journalist or GM that is in to talk about a team from another city. That doesn't happen in other cities.

Take a look at Calgary for example, where I live. The Fan960 talks about the Flames so much it's unbearable. A good 95% of their content is Flames talk, about 4% is local sports teams (Stampeders, Hitmen, Roughnecks), and then finally 1% is about the rest of the world (mostly other NHL teams or the NFL).
(Quick story: After the Murray press conference, I had to go drive somewhere, so I turn the station on to see if they would talk about the fact that an important player on a Canadian hockey team went down with a long term injury. Nope, they spent 1.5 hours talking about whether it would be a good fit for the Flames to pick up Zach Boychuk off waivers. Not one mention about Spezza, the Sens, or any other team in the NHL.)

What's the point of being the only Ottawa sports radio station when you don't talk about the most important local sports team?

Last edited by PatrickEaves: 02-01-2013 at 05:52 PM.