View Single Post
02-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Strickly Butter Baby
vCash: 709
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
The thing I don't understand about the team1200 is quite simple. They talk about other teams outside the city way more than the Sens.

I take a look at the interviews that they post on their facebook page, and a good 75% of the time, it's a journalist or GM that is in to talk about a team from another city. That doesn't happen in other cities.

Take a look at Calgary for example, where I live. The Fan960 talks about the Flames so much it's unbearable. A good 95% of their content is Flames talk, about 4% is local sports teams (Stampeders, Hitmen, Roughnecks), and then finally 1% is about the rest of the world (mostly other NHL teams or the NFL).

What's the point of being the only Ottawa sports radio station when you don't talk about the most important local sports team?
When I drive around I flip back and forth between the team 1200 and TSN 690. On TSN 690 you hear habs talk from 6 a.m. to at least 11 p.m. Pretty much 75% of the talk is centered around the Habs. They also have many callers throughout the day. For a city that doesn't have an NBA team they have very good segments regarding the NBA in general. They don't broadcast Jim Rome and that's a good thing for me atleast. Used to listen to him all the time but got tired of his opinions and his whole shtick. I would rather listen to hockey talk than all american sports radio.