View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 05:57 PM
HomersWorld

vCash: 500
This is definitely one of the most cringe worthy injuries I've heard of...

Quote:
On the afternoon of May 24, as his Red Wings teammates took the ice in Chicago for Game 4 of the Western Conference finals, captain Nicklas Lidstrom wondered about the future of his testicles. He had woken up that morning, like every other morning of his life, with two. He was worried he would go to bed that night with one.

"When I first saw the doctor in the morning, he asked me if I had any kids, and if I planned on having more kids," said Lidstrom, 39, who has four sons.

Two days earlier, the Blackhawks' Patrick Sharp had speared Lidstrom in his testicles. Lidstrom practiced the next day, which says something about the man; you don't have to be Allen Iverson to think speared testicles are a good reason to skip practice.

But when Lidstrom woke up on the 24th, he was in too much pain to play. He needed surgery immediately. Now here was this doctor, telling Lidstrom he might emerge from anesthesia with one testicle.

"He said he didn't know until he actually went in there and looked," Lidstrom said.

When Lidstrom woke up, the doctors quickly told him surgery had been successful, and everything was right where he'd left it.
http://www.freep.com/article/2009061...-Wings-endured