View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Chevrier

vCash: 500
Calle Jarnkrok - I think he's already all but guaranteed to have a decent NHL at worse, at best he'll slowly move up the lines and be a core player in some years time. I'm not anticipating a meteoric rise but a slow steady one. Love his attributes and game based on the limited viewings and extensive reads I've managed to check out.

Riley Sheahan - He already plays such a good two way game, defensively responsible and is now showing some offensive flair that everyone has always hoped he would have gotten more of a chance to show earlier with ND. I've always read the offense was there, but I remember in limited viewings that ND's systems were so defensive. Would love to see a bit more of a mean streak, but I think his overall game is coming along so nicely that I'm content with what he is so far, more of a smart aggressive two way center with size that we really haven't had in some time. I see a slow steady rise, has all the tools.

Xavier Ouellet - So much poise and calmness. Another favorite prospect of mine, I've actually managed to catch enough viewings of him and have read nothing but gushing reports on him even before the Wings drafted him. I always make an effort to catch him play if Armada or formerly Montreal was playing. He lacks wow factor, but is extremely economical in his movements and shows great poise on both sides of the puck. I think he'll be a good to solid great NHL defender at worse.

Petr Mrazek - I was thrilled when the Wings managed to pick him up. The WJC he stole the show at was a small sample, understandably, but he played better than his numbers posted with my hometown 67s. Love the flair and I'm thrilled that he has been able to step in so readily with the Griffs. He has really really solidified their defensive woes of years past and the results are showing, the team shows more faith in their goaltender to bail them out and potentially steal game. He's having a good effect on McCollum as well, although the GRG team is better looking and better coached now than in previous seasons. Wouldn't worry about rushing him as development can be a little unpredictable, but he may force Holland's hand (hah) and come knocking a lot sooner than later.

Joakim Andersson - Maybe a long shot and bit off the books, but I've liked Andersson since his WJCs with Sweden some time back. I don't expect him to really be a top 6, but more of a tweener, top 9 center with size again. Similar to Andersson, is steadily coming along year by year and showing more and more confidence. I'd hate to see him moved as he is paying his dues and has already shown an ability to step in solidly. The kind of bottom 6er that does the small things right.

Sproul & Jurco seem nice but I haven't seen too much of them yet to really justify my own personal top 5, although the potential is certainly there. I need to see more of Backman, Marchenko could very well surprise too. Nyquist would be my top pick, but him along with Smith and Tatar already have NHL impact potential, it's just a matter of time hopefully.

Last edited by Chevrier: 02-01-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Nyquist, Tatar, Smith...
Chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote